One of the most interesting practices we are all looking forward to listening to here at Veritas is the final self-introduction of our fellows. Not only this is a great moment which makes all coaches proud about their English improvements, but also, it’s a memorable time for fellows themselves, to deliver a message that will be always remembered!
Undoubtedly, it’s extremely hard organizing ideas in the first place. Here are some of the tips we found useful and important to keep in mind during the process of self-analysis which always led to great presentations:
1. Start with a clear message: Your speech should have a clear and concise message that you want to convey to your audience. This message should be stated clearly at the beginning of your speech so that your audience understands what you will be talking about.
2. Use storytelling: People are more likely to remember stories than facts and figures. Incorporating personal stories or anecdotes into your speech can help to make your message more relatable and memorable.
3. Break the ice: Using a joke, a funny story or and impactful sentence can help to break the ice and create a more engaging atmosphere.
4. Speak with passion: If you are passionate about your topic, it will show in your delivery. Speak with energy and enthusiasm to capture your audience’s attention and keep them engaged.
5. Use body language: Your body language can convey just as much information as your words. Hand gestures, facial expressions, and body movements will add impact to your message.
6. Use rhetorical devices: Rhetorical devices such as repetition or metaphoric images can help to make your message more powerful and memorable. These devices can be used to emphasize key points and create an emotional connection with your audience.
7. Connect with your audience, and enjoy the moment! Examples that your audience can relate to are the key for a delivery which lasts forever in the audience’s mind. And if you truly enjoy the moment, well, big smiles and confidence are definitely hard to forget!
By following these tips, everyone can deliver a speech that is inspiring, memorable, and impactful. Remember to be authentic, be yourself, and most importantly, believe in the message that you are delivering!
Giulia was born and raised in a small town in Italy, but from a young age, she became captivated by foreign cultures and languages. Starting with reading manga as a child, she started being mesmerized by the unique art style and stories. As her interest deepened into reading American and Japanese contemporary literature, she decided to pursue her dream and enrolled in a language program at a university in Italy to study deeper both English and Japanese. During her studies she had the opportunity of living abroad several times in Ireland and Japan, finding that being able to communicate with different people in different languages made the interactions much more enjoyable and memorable. After completing her Master of Arts in Translation she moved permanently to Tokyo to master the language while working as a freelance translator of Japanese contemporary novels. Here she found Veritas and felt inspired by its mission. Working as an international coach represents a fulfilling opportunity that combines her passion for language and culture with her desire to help others understand the importance of effective communication in today’s globalized world.